It’s not hard to dish out, considering how simple the recipe is and the few ingredients needed. Whilst, in Japan, its mainly eaten at restaurant chains, because of the ease in cooking gyudon, it’s a common home cooked meal too.
For the busy bee who wants to cook up something delicious we’ve written up the easiest way to create a tasty gyudon dish at home.
Recipe serves 3
Cooking time 8 minutes
200g thinly sliced beef (sliced beef can be nought in Asian groceries or ask your local butcher
2 whole brown onions
half a pack of shirataki
red ginger/beni shogaoil
1 tablespoon sugar
1 table spoon soy sauce
1 table spoon cooking sake
1 cup of water
- In advance, parboil the SHIRATAKI and cut easily what you eat
- Slice Onions into wedges.
- Stir Onion and Shirataki on a pan with low heat for 2 minutes
- Stir in sugar, soy sauce, sake and water then cook for 2 minutes
- Add sliced beef, gently mix, and then cover with lid
- Leave for 5 minutes
- Serve on top of a bowl of white rice with desired amount of ginger
And that’s it! Let us know how easy it was for you to make in the comments.[:]